Quote

" Words can build strong souls, guide the lost, and provide safety." -Emma Kay

Saturday, March 29, 2014

I run through the house stopping behind a corner, painting and catching my breath.
I hear a bark and the bestial noise of something.

The creature has caught my scent 

I run for the door, my feet in their socks pounding on the floor beneath me.
I hear the claws of something scratching on the wooded floor behind me on all fours as I rush for the door.
I run out of it and close it with no time to spare.

The Noises of the creature sounding through the door, cursing in its fury.

I run to the backyard in an attempt to escape the beast and remain somewhere close to warn people passing by.
I hear the back door open. I pause. I hear a scratching noise on the patio and the door being closed.
I turn towards the door. the creature has lunged off the porch and is charging me.

Someone has let it out.

I try to run away but the creature is too fast and soon over takes me.
It tugs at the bottom of my pants and attempts to haul me away.
I, now forfeiting say:

Good girl, you caught me, 
I pat my dog on the head 

She seems to grin in triumph.

2 comments: