Quote

" Words can build strong souls, guide the lost, and provide safety." -Emma Kay

Sunday, March 2, 2014

I am silent.

I listen to a mix of the rain pouring down outside and the radio playing.
I try to tie in the beat of the song with the beat the windshield wipers play with the dashboard. I become frustrated when it doesn't work.

I am on my way to an appointment.

I am driving through the rain and tapping the beat unto the car's steering wheel with the one hand that I have on it. I use my other hand to grab a root beer in my drink container and take a drink.

I try to maneuver my way through the cars so that I can be on time. Its hard because everyone wants to move slowly with the rain,

But not me,

I rush things. I want to get the jobs done now, so that the time I could spend relaxing is time when I have nothing else left to do.

I wonder if this is the best thing to do,

Should I enjoy life all the time? Or just when I have nothing else to do? Should I enjoy the trip back from my appointment in the car, or should I enjoy the journey getting to the appointment too?

2 comments: